The story of Calvary Restoration actually begins in Englewood. We are thankful for our history and the gospel that roots everything we do in Christ. Calvary Restoration is part of the Calvary Family of Churches in Denver-metro area of Colorado. Learn more HERE.
Calvary Church in Englewood was founded on October 15th, 1952, as a church plant of 24 members from Denver Temple Baptist Church. God richly blessed Calvary as they planted First Southern – Littleton within two years. Within another two years they broke ground on Calvary’s new building at our current Acoma Street location. Calvary continued to plant churches in the Denver Metro area, including Cherry Hills Baptist Church (Arapahoe Road Baptist Church) in 1960.
Calvary has had quite the journey over the years as it strived to glorify God in every aspect of ministry. As our neighborhood around us changed socio-economically through the years, we have done our best to stay relevant in sharing the Gospel to our community. Change is not always as easy, nor as quick, as we would like. As a result, Calvary was near extinction in 2009 with thirty people worshiping on a Sunday morning. We had faith that God was not done with us yet!
Today, Calvary Englewood has revived its passion and vision to start new churches around the city of Denver. In September of 2013, Calvary Englewood planted Calvary Littleton and in October of 2016 Calvary Restoration officially began. What was the magic program for the drastic turn around, you may ask? Loving our neighbors authentically, preaching the Bible verse by verse and sharing the Gospel every Sunday is the foundation and God is doing the rest. We have one song we sing at Calvary and that is the Gospel! We will continue on this path, ‘until the world knows’…